This is the privacy and cookies policy for https://talentpool.com (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of Gradlist Limited trading as TalentPool (we, us, our and TalentPool). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- career preferences, employment details and education details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history (such as languages spoken) in connection with a job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us (“Position”).
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a “Tell a Friend” programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest (“Referred Individual”). We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have the Referred Individual’s permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to the Referred Individual.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as any website from which you have come to the Site. See Cookies and other technologies for more information.
Cookies and other technologies
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site; and
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
|Cookie name||Purpose||Type & duration [i.e. session only or persistent]|
|Advertising Cookies||Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.||Persistent|
|Performance Cookies||We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.||Persistent|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.||Persistent|
|Third Party Cookies||We use a number of third party cookies for various reasons, such as making the site more user-friendly or the provision of additional statistical information.||Persistent|
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- To assess data about you against Positions which we judge may be suitable for you;
- To send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our services, Positions, or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- To allow, with your consent, carefully selected Employers to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding Positions;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor diversity within the marketplace and our candidate database;
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
- To enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- To administer your account with us;
- To audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users; and
- To send your information to third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to and users of the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. By using the Site, you consent to such information being sent outside of the European Economic Area (EAA) from time to time (see Storage of your information). Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information.
Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By using the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
We are required by law to hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal information is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your personal information to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal information accordingly.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your access request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.