- Banking & Finance Role Description
- Analysis & Research Role Description
- Admin & HR Role Description
- Account Management Role Description
- Business development Role Description
- Consulting Role Description
- Tutoring Role Description
- Software development Role Description
- Sales Role Description
- Public Relations (PR) Role Description
- Operations Role Description
- Marketing Role Description
- Legal Role Description
- Design Role Description
- Customer service Role Description
- Content & social media Role Description
- Before you apply for a job
- The Application Process
- The Interview
- After the Interview
Software development Role Description
What does it involve?
A software developer plays a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The changes that you will be making will ultimately make the business more efficient and help to provide a better service to customers, clients and fellow employees.
As well as getting to grips with multiple coding languages you will start to better be able to understand business decisions and suggest ways to improve the current operations.
Within software development, you may be part of a team who are responsible for a massive overhaul of an entire system or, you could be spending your time making small improvements to lots of different systems.
As well as a great career path, there are a lot of opportunities to work abroad. So, if you are interested in seeing the world whilst learning one of the most sought after skills, Software Development might be a great path for you!
At its best: You will be able to deploy your coding skills on a daily basis making tangible changes to either the customer or to your fellow colleagues.
At its worst: You may find that you have little to no input into how you spend your day, this could also mean doing the same repetitive coding jobs with little progression to your coding skills.