How to hire a graduate for a role in Customer Service
A committed and patient individual who is able to adapt quickly to different situations and is willing to help others. They should possess a very clear understanding of your product and have a strong work ethic in order to provide exceptional customer service to your clients - after all, the reputation of your business can rest in their hands.
No particular degree is required for a role in Customer Service - the right personality and attitude are more important.
- Written & verbal communication
- Speaking on the phone
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Ideally the candidate will have some experience in a customer facing role, such as waitressing, front of house or retail which will demonstrate their ability to communicate and interact with customers.
- Any experience which has required the candidate to spend time on the phone dealing with customers or clients is great!
- Someone who is articulate, polite and empathetic
- Poor people skills
- Bad communication
- We’d recommend setting up a scenario where the candidate has to deal with a difficult customer complaint. This is the best way of testing how they react on the spot and how they are able to resolve a situation where something has gone wrong, whilst maintaining composure and remaining polite.
← Content & Social Media
TalentPool is the leading platform for start-up and SME graduate jobs. Over 500 employers have used TalentPool to access top graduates who are engaged and the perfect fit for their roles
© GradList Ltd. 2017